Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Journey

So, I received this call yesterday from a friend of mine..We don't talk a lot, but when we do, it's amazing to me sometimes how closely our lives coincide. We were brought together thru sorrow and heartache, but that only served to bring us closer. We are truly sisters... in many ways. My friend proceeded to ask how life was going with the kids, hubby, etc. I asked her the same.. She began to tell me of some major life changes in her family... I told her of some possible major life changes about to happen in my family. I was amazed how we both were going thru the same things. I cried a little, she cried. Neither one of us knew what the other was going thru, but God had egged us both on to call the other.. After we finished I said good-bye, with the promise of keeping in touch, and keeping her updated, and she the same. I began to think about my life... the journey it has been... what a journey..
Sometimes we look at life in too small a picture. When you step back, and look at the WHOLE big picture... the journey of your life is amazing.. The things you go thru from childhood to adulthood, when you are going thru them...can seem so difficult,and sometimes excrutiating.. but time heals, and hopefully grows us.. God actually is using each part of the journey, to prepare you for the next part of your journey.When we can look back and see how far we've come, and how God has orchestrated the WHOLE journey.. It's like a big WOW ! moment..Everything makes sense. ...Life is amazing.. if we look at the complete journey...
There is a joy in the journey...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow... you really have a talent behind a pen! :) You are very gifted with words and bringing emotion to your writing!

HOW DID YOU GET YOUTUBE ON THERE!!?? I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THAT OUT FOR A WHILE NOW!!