Friday, January 8, 2010

Once a Month

Ok, so...It's a new year, so it's time to try some new things...With my youngest gone off to college, I've been feeling like I need a hobby or something...So, I've decided that I'm going to try at least ONE new recipe a month. I figure I can at least do THAT...If it's any good and passes the hubby test, I'll post it.
I also  started this recipe group on Facebook for any of you that might interested.... It's called Hearth and Home recipe swap. Basically it's a place to share and swap some of  our favorite recipes.... PLEASE JOIN! it's been a lot of fun! We only ask that  when posting a recipe, if it's not yours, please give credit to where credit  is due.. and also do the same if you take one..
I've tried several of the recipes and a couple have been BIG hits in my house... here's one of them...




( that's not the exact picture above, but close.. :))

Crock Pot Beef & Noodles (RW)

1 or 2 pounds Stew Meat (I use 2 pounds but I like a lot of meat in mine)
4 Beef Bullion Cubes
2 Cans of Beef Broth
1 24oz pkg of Frozen Egg Noodles (or you can make your own)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add frozen egg noodles 20-30 minutes before serving. Cook some potatoes and you have an excellent easy meal.


Ok... FYI... I used the 2 lbs stew meat... also couldn't find "frozen" egg noodles in my store, so  I just bought a package of egg noodles. I threw them in 30 minutes before the meat was done...I just stirred the noodles with the liquid in the bottom of the crockpot.. It also only took 6 1/2 hrs on low in my crockpot. Great, simple, easy recipe!! I cooked some veggies to go with it!  I didn't cook any potatoes because I didn't feel I needed them with the noodles. This recipe really doesn't need any tweaking.. although I'm sure you do some variations of it.. we liked it just the way it is...

Enjoy, and let me know what YOU think!






2 comments:

Melanie said...

HURRAY!! I LOVE YOUR NEW CHALLANGE! Yup, I've done similarly... (challanging myself) that is! NO, I don't have tooo much time on my hands LOL but I do like to cook, bake & can things... so what better way to focus my attentions and get me out of the ruts of cooking the same menu over & over! :) Keep posting... love to read 'em!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.