Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grapeseed Oil

So, In keeping with my goal of trying  at least one new recipe a month, a friend of mine gave me this really easy recipe... using GRAPESEED OIL!... I was intrigued.. I had never even heard of grapeseed oil. It's a little more expensive.. well.. ok.. ALOT more expensive, than regular cooking oil, but you use less..about half as much as most other cooking oils.. it's ALOT healthier, and also has a nice mild nutty  flavor.... ( but I didn't taste the nuttiness.. :)) It also has a high smoke point which means almost no smoking , splattering etc..or burnt taste if you use it for frying..
So my friend gave me her homemade, from scratch recipe for Blueberry muffins that uses this oil..
It makes 6  large muffins..you can double it if you need more...

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1 1/2 cup flour
2/3-3/4 cup sugar (whichever is preferred)
2 teas. baking powder

1/3 cup grape seed oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk

1 cup berries. ( I used  frozen blueberry's, but you can try whatever you like..)

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder

In a measuring cup add:

oil, egg- fill to make one cup with milk and then mix

Then add  to flour mixture, then add berry's

Fill  a six cup cupcake tin- to TOP of tin

Bake at 400 deg. for 20-25 min.

Makes 6 large muffins

ENJOY

grape seed oil can be use for regular cooking too.. not just baking!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I've never heard of grapeseed oil! I've heard of grapeseed extract... or maybe it was grapefruit seed extract. Either way... that was quite a few years ago and rather interesting! Your muffins look delicious... and I'm sure they are LONG GONE by now! LOL Did you find that there was any tast difference using this?