Monday, August 23, 2010

Changes and New Beginnings


It's hard to believe that summer is almost over...
This has been one of those summers that seemed to take forever to get here, but then flew by without me knowing it was disappearing. I feel like I maybe slept through most of it, and suddenly  awoke to find it almost over..
Lots of changes over the summer....changes come in all forms...and aren't always bad. For me this year it was a summer of goodbyes, loss, growth, and friendship.. I lost some wonderful friends and family... but gained an inner strength and courage I never knew I had... I gained the knowledge and realization  of how much I was truly loved.. and that that love that was given to me,  will never leave me. I carry it with me everyday I wake up, every time I give love to someone else....
If it's possible, I'm finding that life is much sweeter and precious.. I do love harder. I think I"ve learned to appreciate the people in my life more, now that I"ve lost so many... I've learned to forgive a little easier and quicker, and not hold onto the hurts....Isn't that what love is anyway?
Maybe that's where the growth has come in... Learning to let go  .. and move on, love unconditionally... It's not easy to do.. but it's something we need to do to continue on and grow.. and to be able to love, and laugh.. and know joy.
              The friendships..ahhhh ...Now that's been  maybe the sweetest blessing of all... The friends that have been there through all the changes!! Without them, I don't know where I would be.
Change. It happens. I think it's what we do with all the changes that  help define and  determine our future....
My future's looking pretty blessed... how's yours looking? ...

No comments: