Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August: For Today


  For today...

Outside my window... The garden is overgrown, having loved this summer's weather,reminding me how I need to do better weeding.... and the air is cooling, almost fall-like.

I am thinking...about so many things... too many on the heart to write.. but knowing God knows the outcome already.

I am hearing... the news... and how big the earthquake was that we had today! We don't generally get them up here in the hills...It was scary.. the whole house was swaying... and I was nauseous... I am thankful not to have gone thru a "real" one..

I am thankful for...God's Grace everyday, a roof over my head, friends that love me, and my best friend ... my hubby

I am wearing...still in summer wear!! shorts and a tee!

I am remembering... each day is a gift, and thinking about my loved ones that have loved me, past and present


I am going...to be busy for the next week.!! My daughter is getting ready to go to Austria for 3 months!

I am reading... some great books from a friend! 

I am hoping...to become a little more organized. (still!! )

I am thankful for...   each day. It's a chance to start over. I'm thankful for grace...and forgiveness..and learning how to forgive. I am thankful to have been Loved

On my mind...some relationships that I wish would heal, grow... move forward..

Noticing that...life is speeding by! It's too short! Wish I had realized that when I was 20!

Around the house...It's quiet...the cat is snoozing, the dog is snoozing.. wish I was snoozing!!! =)

A favorite new quote  "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."~ Leo Buscaglia ~

One of my favorite things...my camera... it shows how and what... I really see....

No comments: